High chairs come in handy when the baby is ready to join you and the rest of the family at the table. It makes the ideal place for you to have an easy time to feed the baby and just the perfect place for the baby to socialize with the rest of the members of the family and others from a level that is suitable for them. High chairs are available in different styles and sizes and when you take a little time in looking for the best you will surely end up with the most suitable one for your baby.
Why get a high chair?
If you are still wondering why a high chair makes a valuable addition in your household for you and the baby, here are some of the benefits that you stand to gain with one.
- It offers you the perfect place to feed your baby securely
- The high chair creates a trusted place for the baby and offers enough space for them to do other interesting activities
- It is the ideal thing when you need to keep a close eye of the child as you attend to other matters, especially when they are already at a stage where they are all over the place
- A high chair will make it easier for you to manage messes that are inevitable when the baby is just learning to get familiar with solid foods
- With the baby on the chair, you reduce the chances of choking since they remain in an upright position
Choosing the right one
Now that you feel you do need to get a high chair for your child, you need to remember that the options are many in the market. So exactly what should you consider when choosing the right one?
Safety features – Safety of your child should always come first. It is not always that your baby will be willing to sit calmly on the high chair, especially if they do not like activities that follow like eating. When buying therefore, choose one with features like safety belt that will keep your baby in place even when they try to squirm to get off the chair. A stable base is also a must so the chair does not end up tripping when the baby is on.
Comfort levels – Your baby will resist sitting in a chair that is uncomfortable especially for long periods. It is best that you settle for a chair that comes with a soft padded cover or cushioned inserts that offer your baby all the comfort they need while on. Most are washable so you need not worry about messes. The design should also offer enough comfort, especially in the sitting area and working surface in terms of size.
Ease of cleaning – Messes are inevitable on a high chair and you must think along cleaning lines when buying. Chairs that come with removable covers will give you an easy time dealing with all spills and spit ups.